Where to buy homemade olive oil, pine honey and olives in Thassos
Dear friends, you often ask us where to buy pine honey, olive oil, olives and other local products on Thassos. We have tried to provide you with contacts of small producers of the most sought-after local products.
The most common products in Northern Greece are honey and olive products. Thassos is famous for its pine honey.
We will be updating the list and adding contacts on regular basis, so check it again before going for shopping.
For each manufacturer, we also provide you their Viber number through which you can send them a message and agree on the place and time to retrieve the product.
Consider that many manufacturers are willing to deliver their products to you on a site that suits you (if you’re not too far away), so you can negotiate the best way and place for taking the product.
It is best to contact them at least two days in advance to arrange your purchase, as they happen to store their products in another location.
• Quality, extra virgin olive oil in Thasos can be purchased in Potos from the owner of the Balkan House Villa (across the street from the church). They sell 5 litres of oil for 25€ and a litre for €5. They live in Theologos, but if you call them a day or two in advance, they can bring the oil to Potos. Contact (viber): +306943507810 Elpida.
• Athina Matouzi, extra virgin, homemade olive oil. A 5l canister costs €25, and 17l - €85. They are located in Potos, villa Athina, but they can deliver anywhere from Scala Kalirahi to Astris. Viber: +306972201720
• Evis Studio Potos - homemade grape brandy - Greek cipuro, 10€ for one litre and extra virgin olive oil, 25€ - 5 litres. Viber: +306985128153 Domestic marmalade in very limited amounts made of apricot or other fruit (depending on the yield, they have their own fruit, price 4€ for 250g and 8€ for 500g), homemade pomegranate liqueur 5€ (250ml).
• Honey at a good price, you can buy in the south of the island, in Limenaria, from Anna Passe. It is a quality domestic pine honey from a registered beekeeping household in Castro, 3kg - 20€ and 1kg - 7€. Viber contact: +30 6947610003.
• Of course, our compatriot you all know, Vesna Nikolic from Prinos, who has excellent honey at 7€ per kilo, as well as excellent olive oil, 1 litre 7€ and 5l 26€, and you can buy dried olives (€5) from her. Viber: +306979374165.
• On the ground floor of Studios Herrich on Golden Beach there is a small local shop with local products from Thasos, oil, olives, honey…
• Skala Maries, extra virgin olive oil at a cost of 25€ for 5l. This oil is sold by the owner of Dream home by the sea in Skala Maries, so if you want to buy oil from him, call a few days in advance on his Viber number +306972 321283.
• Owners of The Ilio Socrates hotel in Scala Maries sell olive oil for €25 for 5l and a phone number to contact them via Viber: +306948308985.
• In Limenas you can buy pine honey, that is twirled every year, for 8€ per one kilo and 3kg -22€. This is contact phone number: +306951611605.
We are sending you our best regards and would like that you try and enjoy local products.
Post a Comment