The monastery dedicated to the Mother of God, also known as Feneromeni, is located in Tsoukalades, just a few kilometers from Lefkas. It is the protector of Lefkada and is a true tourist attraction.

Besides the church, the beautiful monastery courtyard with a lush garden, museums with rare Byzantine icons, manuscripts and gospels from the past, within the monastery there is a library, a nautical museum, a small zoo and a tavern for pilgrims.

The monastery has a long history. The disciples of the Apostle Paul, who first arrived on the island, preached in this place Christianity to the local inhabitants. The building itself was built in 1634 and due to the fire was renovated in the 19th century.

On the eastern gate there is a beautiful view overlooking the beach Agios Ioannis.

The monastery is open to visitors every day between 8-14h and 16-20h. For those who are not appropriately dressed, there are clothes at the entrance that can be borrowed.