Villa Efelli is a charming seaside villa located near the peaceful fishing village of Lygia on the shore of the Ionian Sea in northwestern Greece, and across from the Paxi and Corfu islands. Its location, its secluded beach and the view it offers make this villa an ideal romantic or family retreat for absolute relaxation and tranquillity.
Built on a hillside that gently slopes into the beach, the house boasts a stunning view of the coastline and the open sea. Spectacular sunsets are a daily luxury and can be seen from every angle of the property. Equally beautiful are the usually crystal clear star-filled nights that can be enjoyed unobstructed from the open patio-deck or the beach. Lush greenery, olive trees, and sandy beaches with pristine blue water surround the property. The beach in front of the property is secluded, as very few people have access to it. The crystal clear blue water is full of the beautiful volcanic reef and sea life, which makes it ideal for swimming and snorkelling. Boat owners can anchor right in front of the house and easily explore the nearby beaches and islands. The villa’s interior is full of character that gives a genuine feel of a traditional Greek home.
- Beachfront, elevated charming location with a view of the sea and the coast
- Secluded semi-private beach, its own umbrellas and stretches on the beach
- 3-floor (130m2) stylish house, traditionally furnished
- Accommodates seven adults and two children, with two bathrooms and additional beach shower
- 1500m2 of private grounds with olive and other fruit-bearing trees
- Lovely courtyard with pergola, a big marble table and traditional oven
- Outdoor shaded dining patio for accommodates 8-10 people
- Stone patio/deck for view, relaxation, and night-star gazing
- Located next to a small fishing village on the Ionian Sea coast
- Short driving distance to other beaches, villages and towns on the coastline
- Daylong-excursion distance to nearby islands or the mainland
- Quiet beach holiday, relaxation and privacy
- Families, romantic retreat, groups of friends
- Swimming, snorkelling, fishing, hiking and water sports in the area
- Beauty, nature, and history lovers
- Exploring North-Western Greece and the Ionian islands
- Lovers of houses with a character
- Anyone with his own boat can moor it in front of the house
- Satellite TV and DVD Player in the sitting room
- A/C in the upper floor and the bedrooms
- Washing machine
- Bed linen and towels
- Weekly cleaning or on-demand
The house has three levels with a spiral wrought iron staircase that connects them. The main floor contains the living room, kitchen and dining area. The lower-ground level has a master bedroom, a bedroom for three persons, and a bathroom. The upper floor has a sitting area, bedroom, an adjacent area with a single bed and a bathroom. All floors have a veranda or a balcony facing the sea. There are an outdoor shaded dining patio and a deck. The house is built on land that is elevated from sea level and slopes towards the beach.
Main floor: The main entrance opens into a large, stone tiled, open plan living/dining room, a well-equipped rustic-style kitchen and sunny veranda with a breathtaking sea view. Antique furnishing, paintings and unique art fill this beautiful space. The living room is charmingly decorated in the traditional Greek island aesthetic and has a fireplace, cable TV and a DVD player. The sitting and dining area has a large marble table, and a handmade stone and marble countertop divides it from the kitchen.
The lower floor consists of two beautifully decorated bedrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and antique and vintage furnishings that share a bathroom with a shower. Both rooms open up to the garden and sea view via a small patio with vine-covered pergola. The stone staircase that leads to the beach is only a few steps away. The master bedroom has a gorgeous wrought iron canopy double bed (140x200), a small children’s bed, vintage dresser with linens and a marble boudoir that completes the room’s romantic character. A smaller bedroom has three beautiful wrought iron single beds, vintage dresser and a light blue-tinted ceiling. Both bedrooms have a wardrobe.
The upper floor is an exceptionally beautiful and cosy open plan, with timber ceilings and a large veranda with a breathtaking panoramic view of the Ionian Sea and mountains. The whole floor has a warm oriental ambience. Exquisite paintings, carvings, and textiles surround the interior. A large double bed (160x200) is located in an alcove, with a curtain that separates it from the rest of the room and creates an intimate atmosphere. A large window above the bed overlooks the sea. There is also a small shower room. The lounge area has built-in sofas with oriental textiles, an antique wooden closet, and a single iron bed. Floor-to-ceiling windows open onto the large wood covered veranda, which has stunning views of the sea below and the mountains around. The veranda includes a round iron table with chairs and a large single bed ideal for an outdoor breezy nap.
The garden, patio and deck: Rich greenery surrounds the property, with colourful flowers and roses, and numerous olive trees, grapevine, palm trees, fig and other fruit-bearing trees. The patio has a wooden, vine-covered pergola, built-in stone seats, a large marble table and hammocks. It has a wonderful view of the sea, and it is ideal for outdoor dining, relaxing, and reading. There is also a traditional stone oven next to the patio. The deck is located in front of the house and has colourful, old stone traditional tiles and wooden benches. It’s perfect for watching the beautiful sunsets, or the bright, starlit night.
Prices and room types
Prices are per room per night. Air conditioner usage is included in the price. There are no fixed dates. You can choose the dates of arrival and departure. Send us an email to see if there is any discount for periods longer than two weeks.
- Minimum stay is seven nights.
Cancellation and payment policy
Deposit of 30% is required to confirm the reservation. Remaining balance should be payed first day upon arrival. If cancelled 21 or more days prior to arrival, paid money will be fully refunded. If cancelled at any time later, paid money is non-refundable. In the case of early departure, 50% of remaining days will be charged.*If a refund of the deposit is possible, the shipping costs are borne by the guest. The amount of costs depends on the method of sending and the bank.
Glossary of terms
Description by the owner is a description provided by property owner. Properties with owner's descriptions only are objects which we have not seen personally. For additional information on accommodation please ask in comments or contact us via email email@example.com
- plain room, without kitchen
- with kitchen, unique space, without separated bedroom
- with one separate bedroom
- multiple separate bedrooms
- inside camp
- inside camp
- Bed and Breakfast
- Half Board - bed, breakfast and one more meal per day (lunch or dinner)
- Full Board - bed, breakfast, lunch and dinner
- All Inclusive - full board with additional benefits, depending on a hotel
Questions about accommodation
If you did not find the necessary information about accommodation in our description, ask a question in the comment field. We will send you the answer via email. To reserve accommodation in the desired period, fill out the inquiry here.